Brixton Jamm is a data controller and is registered with the ICO. Our registered office is 261 Brixton Road, London, SW9 6LH.
We collect personal information (name, email address and telephone number) of people that attend our events from:
- agents that sell tickets for our events
- venues that we use to host our events
- people who register for our free events via a Google form
- people attending our events
It is in our legitimate interest to use this information to email or text you about our future events which we think will be of interest to you. You can opt out of receiving these communications when you purchase a ticket, complete a Google form for a free event, or at any time by unsubscribing from the emails and texts that we send to you.
We may also email or text you regarding the event itself, for example if there is a change in time, or if it is cancelled or rescheduled.
We will keep your personal information for as long as you choose to continue receiving emails and texts from us.
We will delete your personal information from our systems if you do not respond to our emails or texts for a two-year period. We may send you an email or text to ask if you wish us to stay in contact with you.
If you do not opt in to receiving emails and texts from us about future events, we will keep your personal information until the event you have bought tickets for has taken place. This is so we can contact you about any changes regarding the event and fulfil our contract with you.
We do not share, sell or exchange your personal information with any other organisations.
We participate in Facebook’s and Instagram’s Custom Audience and Lookalike Audience programs, to advertise our events to existing or potential customers. We provide your email address to Facebook and / or Instagram who securely encrypt it. They delete your email address if it does not match with one of their accounts or once they confirm you have an account. We are then able to post adverts to you about forthcoming events which we think you will be interested in.
Data protection law gives you the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you (your name, phone number and email address) – please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opt out of receiving emails and texts from us about future events – you can do this by unsubscribing when you receive an email or text from us, or email us at email@example.com